The “Winter Wonderland” Wonders

The store workers in town lit candles in bags, the luminaries, and placed them beside the streets  to light the way for  the people walking around town. They also made sure all the tree lights were on to brighten the December night.

The store workers in town lit candles in bags, the luminaries, and placed them beside the streets to light the way for the people walking around town. They also made sure all the tree lights were on to brighten the December night.

The “Winter Wonderland” Wonders
By: Lauren DuBreuil

The Twilight Tour, “Winter Wonderland” on Dec. 7 in downtown Brevard took people’s breath away when the lights lit up on all the trees lining the streets. “I thought it was absolutely breathtaking! I just love Christmas and I love seeing the community come together to celebrate it!” said Maelin Harris, student at Brevard High School.

At the tour, there were activities for the kids such as the Avalanche Rock Climbing wall and the Winter roller skating at the Elf Skating Rink. The Brevard High School chorus sang Christmas carols under the Gazebo and people were pulled around town in horse-drawn carriages. Also, the Brevard High Jazz Band played in the night a variety of things,

The stores all stayed open late for the people walking around enjoying the lights and seeing the big tree light up next to the courthouse. “My favorite part of the tour was definitely being able to spend time with friends,” said Harris, “It’s a blessing to be able to walk around at night without feeling vulnerable!”