By Katlyn Galloway and Lauren Tooley
It has been heating up and we are all excited for summer! To begin the summer festivities, we made mini s’mores truffles.
The recipe looked fairly simple and it was. However, we had a minor mistake. We added the salt at the wrong time because we forgot about. But it ended up working out fine! We also didn’t use quite enough marshmallow fluff so rolling the balls out was fairly difficult. The recipe also called for two bars of dark chocolate, but I ended up needing more so I would recommend three.
Overall, they were a hit! All of the samplers said they were delicious and normally ate too or three. They are very sweet, so one is plenty for a small dessert to finish off a meal.
- 1 pack of graham crackers (or 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of marshmallow fluff
- 2 or 3 large chocolate bars (dark chocolate is recommended)
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs and pour into mixing bow. It works really well if you crush them in the packaging so it reduces the mess.
- Add the mini chocolate chips, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and marshmallow fluff and mix week.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and put them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- While they are freezing, melt the chocolate bars slowly in the microwave.
- After 15 minutes, take the frozen balls and dip them into the melted chocolate so they are completely covered. Place them back on the baking sheet while they harden.
- After about 30 minutes, serve and enjoy!