For our LAST cooking corner of the year, Lauren and I made no-churn birthday cake ice cream. We wanted something kind of celebratory since it was our last video, and ice cream seemed delicious and easy.
We found this recipe from a video on Facebook. It was called no-churn ice cream, but really that just means you don’t have to use an ice cream machine.
The ice cream has to be frozen for 6 hours, so we made it after dinner one night and brought it to school the next morning.
We used bright blue Funfetti icing, but it would be easy to substitute any color of icing in.
Lauren and I have had so much fun doing cooking corner this past year. It was definitely the highlight of our Journalism careers. We did cooking corner last year too, and watching it evolve has been awesome. Thank you to everyone who supported us! To celebrate the last cooking corner, go make some ice cream!
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold, heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tub of colored frosting
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl, pour in the whipping cream and whip until very stiff peaks form.
- Using a medium sized bowl, combine the condensed milk and sugar and blend.
- Slowly pour the condensed milk mixture into whipped cream while whipping continually.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and smooth out.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons of frosting and randomly place on top of the ice cream mixture.
- Using a knife, drag frosting through the ice cream mix, making a swirl pattern.
- Using a clean knife, scoop out additional frosting and smooth it on top of the ice cream.
- Continue until you’re pleased with how it looks. Swirl in sprinkles with the frosting as well.
- Embellish with sprinkles on top and freeze for 6+ hours.