Hargis Variety Show

By Jacob Miner

Senior, James Hargis produced a variety show for his senior project. His show consisted of monologue scenes, group scenes, and spoken word scenes. These pieces were reenacted from plays, movies, tv shows, and some were even self written.

“There will be a few short performances of monologues,” said senior, James Hargis. “We have a student doing a scene from ‘Fight Club’ who will probably also be doing a number from ‘The Music Man’ and I will be doing a monologue as well.”

Brevard High school’s esteemed theater has been around for a long time, performing many plays over the years. Last year their performance of, “Bye Bye Birdie,” was highly regarded and loved by the audience.

Brevard’s theater program puts on multiple shows each year, and they are all planned completely by the theater class. 

“We’ve done variety shows in the past, but never any outside of the theater department,” said Hargis.

James Hargis made the variety show his senior project because he loves theater and wants to continue to pursue it as he gets older.

“One thing I’ve never done is set and lighting and tech stuff so that’s why I chose it for my senior project so I could do the lighting and set plots,” said Hargis.

The variety show was performed Tuesday, November 8th, at 7:30 p.m. in the Brevard High School auditorium. All  ticket proceeds went to charity.