After Anderson

Tammy Bellefeuil will lead Brevard High as principal beginning in December.

By Declan Lusk

On October 20, 2016, former BHS Principal Jennifer Anderson left to pursue another administrative education position at Clemson, passing on the torch to Dr. Jeremy Gibbs.

Gibbs has been working in the Transylvania County school system for 6 years, a few of which were spent as the BHS principal. He is now the acting Chief Academic Officer of Transylvania County Schools and will be the interim principal for a six-week transitional period until December 5, when

Tammy Bellefeuil takes over as principal until the end of the school year.

“Ms. Bellefeuil brings experience and understanding of our schools, having grown up and attended school here,” said local Superintendent Dr. Jeff McDaris in a press release. “She also brings valuable insight to working with today’s students. I am very excited to have Tammy back with us, and very much appreciative that she is willing to help during this time of transition.”

Bellefeuil was born and raised in Brevard and is a Transylvania County School graduate herself. She began her 27-year career as a teacher for a variety of different subjects, and after gaining some experience, she became principal of Brevard Elementary School.

“The biggest goal for me is communication, making sure my doors are open for not only staff, but students, parents, the community. It takes a lot of people to run a school effectively,” Bellefeuil said. “I want to make sure communication is open so we can work together to solve any kind of problem we might face.”

Ms. Bellefeuil is respected for her experience and efficiency by many students and faculty.

“She is a pro. She knows exactly what she’s doing,” said Gibbs.

,