Students, Faculty Discuss New Lunch Schedule

by Tori Caroway and Alex Davis 

Students at Brevard High will soon be happy because the lunch schedule will soon change.

The teachers and SPIRIT program participants are working very hard with school administration to create a new schedule. This new lunch schedule will be more flexible for both students and teachers.

Brevard High administration is seeking students’ opinions on the hot topic of lunch scheduling, using members of the SPIRIT program to gather data. The SPIRIT program is made up of students who work to identify problems at the school and work to generate solutions.

As the lunch schedule affects both the teachers and students, some members of the SPIRIT program recently spoke to students in English classes, discussing possible lunch schedules and taking suggestions. Diana Bodie talked about what her thoughts were on the upcoming lunch schedule changes. “I really wanted a schedule that everyone would like”.

Diana Bodie, student body president, talked about what her thoughts were on the upcoming lunch schedule changes.

“I really wanted a schedule that everyone would like, ” Bodie said.  “We are working on it so it will be in place by second semester.”

The new lunch may not look like anything Brevard has seen before.“I think something like the previous smart lunch schedule, would be good, or like a separate period from smart lunch completely.” Said Hale Durant  

“I think something like the previous smart lunch schedule would be good, or like a separate period from smart lunch completely,” said Hale Durant, school improvement team member.

The Broadcaster will continue to follow developments on the new lunch schedule.

,