Student Success at Science Expo

By Aaron Neumann & Casey Cooper

On February 2, BHS students competed at the county level at the Transylvania County Science Fair held at the Transylvania County Library. Students were busy presenting original projects, winning awards, and sharing learning with young scientists.

Freshman Jasmine Gillespie enjoyed her experience placing third in her category and seeing all the young children interested in science.

“It’s really cool to see a lot of younger people getting so interested in math and science,”  said Gillespie.

T.I.M.E. students performed very well at the Expo, each placing in the top 3 in their categories.

Sophomore Emma Dauster placed second. She was excited about her award but also of the large crowd in attendance.

“People of all ages come, enjoy science, and get to experience all of it. It’s really great,” said Dauster.

T.I.M.E. students are now preparing for upcoming science fairs, including regional and state competitions. With a successful science fair behind them, T.I.M.E. students are ready for the stiff competition ahead of them when presenting their projects and research.

,