Club Spotlight–FFA

by Emma Dauster

This week for the Club Spotlight, we featured FFA. FFA stands for Future Farmers of America and is a national high school organization with over more than 500,000 members across the United States.

Contrary to popular belief, one does not have to be interested in becoming a farmer in order to be part of FFA.

“FFA is a national organization that focuses on getting students involved with agriculture, public speaking, and leadership development,” said Meyer. “We’re really concerned with leading high school students towards career success as well.”

FFA strives to encourage students to rise up to challenges by helping others as well as to develop special talents that are unique to them as an individual. Their motto “Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, and Living to Serve” demonstrates the values that FFA supports; learning, life experience, solving problems, and serving others.

“From being in FFA, I’ve gained a lot of friendships from traveling to conventions. At the national convention, I get to meet people from all over the states and I think that’s really unique and cool,” Meyer said.

Joining FFA will bring many benefits to any student who is interested in agriculture as well as building essential skills such as public speaking and debate. For more information about FFA and how to join, visit https://www.ffa.org/home!