Prepared for Life

Prepared for Life
By: Noah Landreth
Senior Matthew Harris Earned scouting’s highest rank this semester. His ceremony will be held Thursday, February 27 at Brevard Community Church.

Boy Scouts of America is a youth organization designed to instill a sense of preparedness and leadership in boys while introducing the to the joys of the outdoors. “scouting has taught me outdoor consciousness, leadership and even home economics” Harris said.

“Eagle scout is the highest rank in scouting” said Harris. To reach Eagle Scout signifies leadership characteristics and a strong moral standing. The process is long and arduous and requires dedication and hard work.

Harris’s project created a guide for six different DuPont trails to aid the state forest’s visitors. “I created a detailed guide the included trails like Lake Julia and High Falls” said Harris.

“Scouting will help me in my college pursuits as well as allow me to better serve me community” said Harris. “Harris feels that scouting teaches character and Preparedness
“The scouting motto is prepared for life and the teach you just that” said Harris.