T.I.M.E. Represents BHS at AAAS Meeting

By Lauren Tooley

Instead of spending their Valentine’s Day at home, T.I.M.E. students Lauren Tooley, Joe Roberts, Abby Williams, and Carly Onnink traveled to Washington, DC to attend the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) annual meeting. These students were invited to attend because of their spectacular performance at the North Carolina Student Academy of Science last year.

While at the meeting, students enjoyed a visit to the NASA Goddard Center, a dinner the National Museum of the American Indian, a reception at the Botanical Garden, and a short tour of the monuments. The participants also presented their previous research to some of the most celebrated scientists of today. Carly Onnink commented on the experience, saying “I was able to meet a lot of scientists from different fields, get advice from them, learn how they got to where they are, and tell them about my project.”

Brevard was well represented at the AAAS annual meeting, making up more than half of the North Carolina delegates. The T.I.M.E. program continues to impress the scientific community, and we can’t see what else they will do in the future!

, ,