For Cooking Corner this week, we made another awesome dip, a cannoli dip! If you’ve never had a cannoli, let me tell you, they’re awesome. If you have had a cannoli, you’re in for a treat with this dip!
A cannoli is a pastry cookie filled with creamy deliciousness and mini chocolate chips. The dip is a mock version of the cannoli filling.
This recipe was super simple, and we would recommend making it even if you’ve never had a cannoli (although you should). We dipped graham crackers into ours, but you could also use vanilla wafers or waffle cones. We didn’t use the optional ingredients, but it would probably be delicious with them.
- 1 32oz container part skim or fat free ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 container fat-free cool-whip, thawed
- 1 ½ -2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips, to top
- Wafers, graham crackers, waffle cones, etc. to dip
- Chopped pistachios, to top
- Fresh orange zest, to top
- Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl
- Top with mini chocolate chips, or any other optional toppings
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Serve with the dipping item of your choice!