FBLA Members Qualify for State

by Declan Lusk and Aly Henneberry

FBLA students placed at the regional competitive events.

Last week, FBLA participated in its annual regional competition.

There were 160 competitors and 20 different competitions. Students from BHS competed in a variety of different categories including business communications, business calculations, job interview, and public speaking.

BHS was well represented as all of the students who competed placed in the top four and qualified for the state competition this March.

“I was confident in the test that I took because I had studied the Business Calculations [materials],” said junior Jammi Hunt. “I had actually taken the previous year’s test and gotten help from Mrs. McCall and other teachers.”

While waiting for the announcement of finalists, several students were very anxious to hear if their name would be called.

“I was definitely nervous,” said sophomore Cullen Duval. “I’m a very competitive person. I wanted to win but when I got my name called it was just a great moment.”

Their hard work proved to pay off as the following students placed in their competitions.

Junior August Barham placed first in Business Communications. Junior Jammi Hunt placed first in Business Calculations. Sophomore Cullen Duval placed second in Public Speaking 2. Freshman Nate Davis placed third in Public Speaking 1. Junior Noah Housman placed third in Business Calculations, and senior Meredith Barton placed fourth in Job Interview.

If students perform well enough at the state level, they will travel to Anaheim, California, where they will compete against thousands of other FBLA members from across the country and a few students worldwide.

,