Cooking Corner S’mores Cookie Bars

By Meredith Hooper

This week for Cooking Corner, I made S’mores Cookie Bars. These were SUPER easy to make despite what seemed like a complicated process when I first read through the recipe. The recipe I used from Pinterest instructed you to make homemade cookie dough, but for the ease of this video, I used a roll of pre-made cookie dough. The ingredients required are around a 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, mini marshmallows, and a roll of cookie dough.

The first thing that I did was combine the melted butter and the graham cracker crumbs to form a paste that would, in turn, be the crust for the bottom of my cookie bars. The next thing that I did was chunk up the cookie dough into discs or pieces and put them on top of the graham cracker crust already in the bottom of my baking dish. The next thing was to sprinkle the mini marshmallows on the top of the cookie dough and place it in the oven to bake. While this was baking, the recipe said to divide the two Hershey’s bars and put them in the fridge or freezer, that way they’d melt some on the cookies after they come out of the oven, but not completely melt.

After the bars came out of the oven, I immediately added the Hershey’s chocolate pieces on top, and let the bars cool.

This was a super tasty dessert recipe, and I’d definitely recommend making them!